Thursday 24 November 2011

Retro Style!

So this is REALLY behind the scenes stuff now people!! 
Jeanne and I went into Regina yesterday to 'go to Gayles' warehouse' to pick up a few things. (Notice how that's highlighted!?) Well truly, Gayles would ship us the bags we need, etc. But that's just code word for "take the day off and shop in Regina"!! Yes, we did the token Gayles run, which is always interesting and fun. We did the Winners and Costco (free sample lunch!) tour. Don't laugh, that really was my lunch!! With a Costco hot dog for dessert!! We wanted to squeeze in a trip down 13th Ave in Regina, and stopping for lunch was not going to be in our schedule!! 
We bought a few Christmas gifts for our families, and our staff, but the best part was finding this cute little vintage inspired store called Retrovise. I've been following it on Facebook, but was very excited to actually have a look at the clothing line she carries!
Well, both Jeanne and I bought clothes! I bought a dress that makes me look like a bombshell!! Vintage clothing is all about curvy, and I have that in spades!!
Bombshell Dress!!

Doris Top
I bought the black dress!! I'm not sure what it's really called, but I'm calling it the Bombshell dress, cause I look amazing in it!!! I also bought the Doris top in black, very cleavalicious, but girls, my theory on that is use what God gave you, cause one day soon enough.....God will take it away!!
What i didn't buy, but Jeanne did, was the leopard print skirt.......
Leopard print skirt

What the skirt looks like on ME!!

Now, I know I'm not the only person in the world to NOT buy something and have it eat away at them!! No worries ladies, I emailed the lovely woman at Retrovise today and gave her my credit card number so she can ship me the skirt!!! Sigh.......
Now as most of you know, Jeanne and I spend A LOT of time together. We work together, we travel together, and we shop together. Which means that sometimes we buy the same stuff! Like the skirt!! So if you come into The Quilt Patch and see us wearing the same thing.....go ahead and laugh, it doesn't happen very often!! Oh, and ladies......I look WAY better in the skirt than Jeanne! 
(just don't tell her I said that)



2 comments:

  1. Grandma's girdle might come in handy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! For sure there will have to be a girdle worn.....I'm not sure I can get into Grandmas anymore!!

    ReplyDelete