Tuesday 15 July 2014

This and That



Ahhhhhh....summer! FINALLY!
And just when we are finally having HOT weather, our Christmas in July even is rolling out - to remind us that there is exactly 6 more months until Christmas!!! Sad but true!!
Mark your calendars - July 25 and 26! It will be a very event with some enormous savings throughout the weekend - but the best savings will be found during the Friday evening Christmas party event from 6 - 9 pm. You should try and make it out - it will be very fun weekend - and we can absolutely promise.....there will be no snow!

Have you heard??  Jeanne and I are Calendar Girls!!! Woo Hoo! Thats right! Martigale's new 2015 calendar is on its way to the store and we are featured in two of the twelve months!! (ok - well....our quilts - not actually us!)



Stop by and pick one up - they are an amazingly great price at just $16.95.

Now I am really attracted to trims. Lots of trims! And Its not often I actually use them! But I did this past week and thought you all might like to see what I did with them!!



I used scraps to make an interesting background, then I quilted it in an allover stippled design. I then laid random trims diagonally. I pinned them down then either straight stitched or zigzagged using an invisible thread, depending on what the particular trim required.



I made two of these pillows as you can see! One for each of two of my nieces. And quilts to go with. Which is a secret....unless of course they read this blog. Heehehe! I don't think they will!
So there you have it - a great way to use those fun trims we collect!

So speaking of Christmas - have you seen the new Believe Bag we are offering as a class during the Christmas in July weekend? Its super cute and the entire kit is only $26.95!!




Now most of you will remember back when I made the ginormous decision to get a kitten......


This is Oli, helping me hold the fabric down in my sewing room! He just turned 8 months old. I got him in March.

And some of you may know that I thought long and hard about it - and I did go and get Oli a playmate.


This is Molly. Molly is a tortoiseshell sweet soft snuggly little beauty. And she tolerate Oli who loves her dearly! I got her in June.
But what most of you don't know....is that Molly had a sister. And I split the sisters up when I took Molly from the Humane Society. And it ate it me. And I couldn't stop thinking that if her sister was as sweet as Molly....well then someone was in for a real treat. However, as the Humane Society became more full of kittens....less people looked at Molly's sister. And she was now 6 months old....not exactly a tiny kitty anymore. And well....you know what happens when cats stay too long at the shelters....so....after a few weeks, I went and got her too!!




So this is Molly and Maggie together!  Yep. and guess what? She's even sweeter and more cuddly then her sister!! So yes...that escalated quickly! From, no way, I'm not getting any more pets...to three!

Until next time!!
S






2 comments:

  1. Some day I will get a cat again. Right now I am enjoying leaving my projects out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi - actually from your Christmas in July you only have 5 months!!!!! You said "exactly 6 more months until Christmas". It really is 5 months by my calculation! July 25 - December 25 - 5 months!






    ReplyDelete